The opportunities and challenges facing retailers during the 2016 Christmas trading period will be discussed at an industry conference in London this month.
Capgemini, multinational consulting corporation headquartered in Paris, will chair a panel debate that will look into how retailers can plan their logistics around Black Friday, Cyber Monday and Christmas.
The debate follows the publication of the Capgemini whitepaper, Making the Last Mile Pay, which examines the latest innovations in delivery and returns services.
The panel debate will consist of Bhavesh Unadkat, a management consultant in Retail Customer Engagement Design at Capgemini; Andrew Starkey, head of e-Logistics at IMRG; Neil Ashworth, CEO at CollectPlus; and an unnamed UK retailer.
In addition to revealing the key industry trends from both retailers and consumers, the panel will be debating some of the key themes in Last Mile logistics, including:
- How can you offer the same level of customer experience online as in store?
- How can you ensure that fast delivery doesn’t eat in to profits?
- How can smaller brands compete with the big players?
- What IT infrastructure is required to maintain the delivery process?
- What impact has Brexit had on the retail sector, particularly in terms of cross border distribution?
The conference will take place on October 25 at Red Consultancy in London’s Soho.